I’m reading this small devotional on bravery, 100 Days of Brave, and yes, I know.. I read a lot. But it’s how I get inspired, it’s how I grow.
In the book it talks about how to be brave, how you are braver than you think and it’s really opened my eyes to so many times in my life when I stepped out in faith with God and how I have a whole life ahead of me to be brave. It’s given me perspective on what God has done in my life and I’ve clearly heard him saying, “I’ve done all that, don’t you think I’ll do more? I got you here, won’t I get you there?”
So I started a a list of bravery, beginning at age 19, because that’s when I was really making my own decisions. Here it goes:
- Pursuing a relationship with JB, even though he only had one year left in TN with me
- Continuing our relationship long distance (5 hours to be exact)
- Getting in a car all by myself and driving the 5 hours to see him every other month
- Getting married to JB and moving 5 hours away from my family
- Pursing my dream job and actually asking for a position to be created
- Getting pregnant
- Giving birth with no pain medicine (I didn’t have a choice, but I’m totally a wimp)
- Starting my own business
- Quitting that dream job to continue pursing my business
- Doing this mom thing day in and day out
- Even writing this blog, being open enough to let people in
All of those things come top of mind when I think about being brave and do you know what’s crazy? God has seen every single one of those things through? He’s still doing work in me, because God’s work is never done, but I’ve survived all of the scary, brave things in my life thus far.
You know what I’ve also come to realize? You can’t mess up. You can’t go left when you should have gone right. Because it’s your story and God is ALWAYS there guiding you.
So just start. Just start being brave. Do that thing that God has been whispering in your ear for so long. Being brave is starting and you won’t fail. You’ve got this. God’s got this.
“Whether you turn to the right, or turn to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, This is the way, walk in it.” Isaiah 30:21
“Saul said to David, Go and the Lord will be with you.” 1 Samuel 17:37
The Devotional: 100 Days of Brave